Salem United, Inc. Asks
The City Of Salem MA
Why Not US!
Building a Stronger Cultural Historical Future for All, Except Our Black Community!
People of Color Does Not Mean the Color Black!
GOALS WHICH SALEM UNITED CONTINUES TO HAVE BLOCKED.
We Are America's Black History And We Will Not Be Hidden.
Why Are We? Why Are We Not Wanted
HISTORICAL SALEM UNITED INC
An interpretation table in Salem Willows Park.
- City of Salem Preservation Partnership offered Salem United a table in 2017. In 2022 Salem United Inc. was requested to put Negro Election Day on a Salem History Table and a paragraph of Negro Election Day would be added.
- Black History Landmarks are nonexistent. Why?
The Salem Historical Trail website reads Today, we recognize the phrase, “Red Line,” has a negative connotation and evokes a dark period in our history when redlining was a discriminatory practice that denied financial services to people based on race, ethnicity, or demographic. As a community that strives for inclusion, maintaining a component of our downtown that makes members of our community uncomfortable is not acceptable.
However, even with Negro Election Day's Bill S. 2703 being enacted into Law as a State Holiday we were told, "Negro Election Day does not need to be on the Heritage Trail." How is this inclusion to the Black community? Why not? We are the buildings of Essex county but we can not be included.
We Are American's Black History and We will not be Hidden.
Black Heritage Center for Culture, Education and Community Building, Salem MA
- City of Salem believes that Doreen Wade, President of Salem United, Inc. is not equipped to afford a black museum in the City of Salem. Over and over, she was told that she would not be able to financial maintain it. Using it is expensive as an excuse. I guess that is why when she applied for CPC funding, they denied her falsely and told her to go to the point area were her services will be better served.
Always remember those who hold the money and refuse to give it to you then send you to the minority area, well, do we know what REDLINING means.
Where is black culture in Salem MA?
Where is black culture downtown Salem MA?
Where are the landmarks to the black history information?
When Salem United asks for them, we are told "WE DON'T KNOW THE PROCESS"
Street naming and Dedication
Black King Pompey
- City of Salem MA Parks and Recreations says they do not know how to name a street.
- We were asked "Why we have to used Black
Salem United Inc. has spent many years trying to be a part of a city which speaks on being diverse and inclusive. When will be get our fair shake. When will this Black-led Organization be included?